Community led conservation – Join our team
Our supporters and volunteers are what make this project a success.
They have different skills in many different fields, including:
- Publicity and Marketing
- Kiwi Call listening
- Bird monitoring and survey
- Group coordination
- Public events
- Field work
If you want to get involved we currently need volunteers for the following roles:
- Pest Control – Help the Trust maintain (and hopefully expand!) our network of trap lines and bait stations throughout Ōhope, Mokorua and Kohi Point Scenic Reserves.
- Fundraising – The Whakatāne Kiwi Trust runs on funding grants from partner organisations and sponsorship from commercial businesses and individuals. Help us secure new funding sources so we can keep expanding on the work that we do!
- Education – Help us with educational work including our Kiwi Tracker walks – taking school groups through Ōhope Scenic Reserve and teaching kids the story of Whakatāne kiwi and other native flora and fauna.
- Events – Assisting at events organised by the Whakatāne Kiwi Trust and events that we support (e.g. Oxfam Trailwalker or the Toi’s Challenge). This might involve engaging with the Public, running a sausage sizzle, taking donations, being a parking marshal or baking treats to sustain the team!
- Merchandise Team Leader – Manage the clothing sold online and at events for fundraising.
If you can help in these areas please contact Dani, our Volunteer and Events Coordinator at: email@example.com.