Community led conservation – Join our team
Our supporters and volunteers are what make this project a success.
They have different skills in many different fields, including:
- Publicity and Marketing
- Kiwi Call listening
- Bird monitoring and survey
- Group coordination
- Public events
- Field work
If you want to get involved we currently need volunteers for the following roles:
- Fundraising – The Whakatāne Kiwi Trust runs on sponsorship from different organisations. Help us find new funding sources so we can keep expanding on the work that we do!
- Education – Help us with educational work including our Kiwi Tracker walks; taking school groups through Ōhope Scenic Reserve and teaching kids the story of Whakatāne kiwi and wider biodiversity.
- Event Coordination – Organising events held by the Whakatāne Kiwi Project such as Kiwi Chick Celebrations and other volunteer events.
- Merchandise Team Leader – Manage the clothing sold online and at events for fundraising.
If you can help in these areas please download the volunteer registration form here and send it through to us at email@example.com.